Friday 20 October 2017

AUTUMN, hedgehogs, MUSIC, hedgehogs and much much more (hedgehogs)

Hello everyone
A week in a reception class is a very busy week so Monday seems like it was a rather long time ago... Until we remember the weather. Who could forget the windy start to the week? Well, it wasn't just the wind that was blowing round here.. We had a HUGE box of musical instruments outside (I don't think anyone could have coped with them inside) and the children LOVED it! They had a fantastic time blowing, honking, tooting, whistling, squeaking, banging, crashing.. I think you might get the idea by now.. There would have been more pictures of all this but to be honest I gave up trying to hold my ears whilst clinging onto my tablet and thought I'd join in too so I swapped the tablet for jumping around on the noisy stepping stones.
(Apologies for that but I can agree with the children, it IS fun!)

Aswell as our usual activities this week the class embraced Autumn and we have had boxes of leaves, seeds and conkers to explore (thank you for helping with your donations for this). The children have painted apples using small paint brushes to hone their painting skills. They have used Autumn colours in the painting area and have made hedgehogs on both the creative and play dough tables. Oh have they made hedgehogs. Many many hedgehogs. You might be able to tell when you see the pictures (and this was only a few of them).

Hope you enjoy the blog and the pictures, as always please feel free to make comments. I'm off to dream of hedgehogs playing recorders..

Miss Latham and Mrs Lewis














2 comments:

  1. What a busy week RL! Your hedgehogs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel loves painting - she is having lots of fun here!

    ReplyDelete

What a wonderful class

For the last time... hello everybody! It is usually at the start of a blog I say something like 'oo hasn't this week gone by quickly...